Want to join the renovai family?
Director of Engineering
- Full Time
- Apply here
renovai is a promising fast-growing Visual AI Design startup providing visual commerce solutions for lifestyle brands. We leverage computer vision and deep learning to decipher decades of design methodology, creating the first ever AI based virtual designer.
We integrate with leading retailers e-com platforms to create a hyper-personalized online experience, distinguishing their brands from the very first interaction throughout all touch points.
With exciting new partnerships and securing a major seed funding round, we continue to grow and are looking for a Director of Engineering to join and lead our R&D team.
In this role you will be remotely managing a team of 6 engineers and will hire and train additional developers on site. You will be working closely with our CTO and Co-founder, optimizing current processes, shaping our culture as we grow.
- Develop and optimize the product roadmap partnering with product and design ensuring a predictable, reliable and sustainable execution.
- Recruit and guide engineers while being attentive to our company’s and their professional progress.
- Shape the broader engineering operational model, spearheading technical best practices, strategizing, and prioritizing while building maintainable and performant code.
- Define, lead and challenge existing high- and low-level designs and system architecture.
- Oversee and drive team members to excel.
- Experience building web apps both on the front-end and back-end (ideally with JS, Python, Angular and NodeJS).
- B.A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- +8 hands-on coding experience.
- +4 years of management experience and a track record of producing high-quality consumer facing products.
- Build strong collaborations and positive relationships with cross functional teams and multiple stakeholders.
- Clear and succinct communicator (written and verbal – English is a must).
- Start-up experience – major advantage.
- Experience in SaaS projects with complicated API and integration.
- Experience with 3D/VR/AR solutions and rendering programs (ThreeJS/Unreal/Unity/Blender).
- Machine-Learning background.
- Remote team management.